Table of Contents
- 1. Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School
- 2. Founder of Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School
- 3. Current Head Coach of Lovato School of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts Rafael Lovato Jr.’s Achievements
- 4. History of Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School
- 5. Headquarter
- 6. Main Focus of the School
- 7. Safety Protocols in the School
- 8. Programs Offered in the SLovato Jiu-Jitsu School
- 9. Conclusion
1. Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School
Lovato School of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts was initiated in 1993 by Rafael Lovato Sr. Since the inception the school has been working to provide its students with the best Jiu-Jitsu and Martial Arts training. Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School is one of the top Jiu-Jitsu schools in the USA that gives its services to students of every skill level and age.
They have training programs for 4 years kids to adults of every age. Lovato School of BJJ and Mixed Martial Arts offers Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Submission Grappling, Self-Defence, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Muay Thai, Judo, and Boxing.
Along with various training sessions, Rafael Lovato also ensures a home-like and comfortable environment for students where everybody is like a family to one another.
2. Founder of Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School
Rafael Lovato Sr. is the first American to be a BJJ Black Belt father-daughter duo. He was the first person to open a BJJ school in Oklahoma City with the affiliation of the Ribeiro Brothers Association. Because Rafael Lovato Sr. is a good friend of both brothers, Saulo Ribeiro and Xande Ribeiro. Rafael Lovato Sr. does not have any fight record but he has more than 40 years of coaching experience.
3. Current Head Coach of Lovato School of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts
Rafael Lovato Junior is the current owner and head instructor of the Lovato School of BJJ and MMA. Rafael Lovato Junior started his BJJ training under his father. He received his BJJ Black Belt under Carlos Machado. Now he is a fourth-degree Black Belt.
Rafael Lovato Jr. and his father became the first American father-son to become BJJ Black Belts. He is the first American to win the IBJJF World Championship in the Blue Belt division. Rafael Lovato Jr. became the first American to win CBJJ Brazilian National twice. He is also honored to be the first American citizen to become Grand Slam Champion. He is one of the most decorated American BJJ Black Belt.
Rafael Lovato Junior is also honored to become World No-Gi Champion in three different weight categories i.e. heavyweight, medium-heavyweight, and ultra-heavyweight.
Rafael Lovato is running this academy with full devotion by following in the footsteps of his father. He wanted to take this school to the horizon of success as his father wanted. Rafael Lovato expressed his feelings in a video in which he is giving a tour of his school.
“I am very fortunate to have been born in martial arts. My father is a lifetime martial artist and he started our academy nearly 30 years ago. He became the first person to bring Jiu-Jitsu to Oklahoma and years later we became the very first American father and son Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belts and the first Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt in Oklahoma.”
Rafael Lovato Jr.’s Achievements
|2006||Pro Sub League Invitational||Black Belt||1st|
|2007||IBJJF World Championship||Black Belt||1st|
|2007||CBJJ Brazilian Nationals||Black Belt||1st|
|2007||IBJJF Pan Championship||Black Belt||1st|
|2007||IBJJF European Open||Black Belt||1st|
|2008||IBJJF Pan Championship||Black Belt||1st|
|2010||IBJJF World Championship NoGi||Black Belt||1st|
|2013||CBJJ Brazilian Nationals||Black Belt||1st|
|2016||IBJJF World Championship Masters||Black Belt||1st|
|2017||IBJJF World Championship Masters||Black Belt||1st|
|2020||IBJJF World Championship Masters||Black Belt||1st|
|2020||IBJJF World Championship Masters||Black Belt||2nd|
|2022||IBJJF European Open||Black Belt||1st|
4. History of Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School
Lovato JJ and MMA School was initiated in 1993 by Rafael Lovato Sr. He started this school in Oklahoma City as one of the biggest places to learn Martial Arts. The school was initiated as a Jeet Kune Do (JKD). The programs that are offered by the school are Thai boxing, and Kickboxing. All these martial arts are coached by Richard Bustillo who was a former student of Bruce Lee.
The headquarter of the Lovato School of BJJ and MMA is located at 10944 N May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73112.
6. Main Focus of the School
Like other martial art schools, the purpose of BJJ and MMA is to teach self-defense to their students. Lovato Jiu-Jitsu school follows this purpose along with the best training for the competitors and champions. The training sessions are planned to train the students according to the following requirements:
- Try to accumulate and engage your whole body during training. Your age group, physique, and weight do not matter. If you follow these instructions, you can learn any defensive moves and can implement those techniques at any place.
- During training, prioritize mindful practice and exercising your inner gigantic fighter with a focus on defensive techniques and try to be focused and confident.
- A cardio circuit helps you to have strength and power during your training.
- You should be conscious and mindful of the people around you. Try to be conscious of the quandary situation so you can keep yourself away from uncertainty.
The purpose of training is categorized into three easy points:
- School’s first priority is to give comfort to you and your family.
- The second priority is your health and fitness.
- And last but not least, the purpose of the training is to teach you self-defense techniques and give you an environment in which you enjoy the whole process.
7. Safety Protocols in the School
Rafael Lovato tried his best to facilitate his students with the best safety protocols in the school so that they can train without any injury. Some of the safety protocols of the school are as follows.
- On entering the school, the temperature of every student is checked so that they can train in a controlled healthy atmosphere.
- The next safety protocol is the use of hand sanitizer before touching anything. Hand sanitizer also ensures a bacteria and virus-free environment.
- After using hand sanitizer, students can check their class schedule on the Ipads that are placed just at the entrance.
- The mats are placed on the foam blocks and the subfloor is placed under the mats. If the practitioner’s back hit the floor during a takedown, he will not get any injury. Extra padding provides an extra layer of protection.
Lovato Jr. feels proud on providing such a safe environment to their students. He expressed his feeling as:
“We are very proud to provide not just a very large mat but a very safe environment for our students.”
8. Programs Offered in the Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School
Lovato School of BJJ is one of the most well-known and big Jiu-Jitsu schools in America and in the world. They offer BJJ and other combat sports training to athletes of every age. They also have special classes for kids. The programs that are offered at Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School are as follows.
The Lovato School of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts was initiated by Rafael Lovato Sr. in 1993. Now its present head instructor is Rafael Lovato Junior. Along with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the school is also arranging classes in Mixed Martial Arts and Muay Thai. Students of every age, every background, and every size are welcome to train and learn self-defense and combat fighting techniques.
Lovato Jiu-Jitsu School is one of the best martial art schools in the US. They are trying to give a safe and comfortable environment to their students. Under the instructions of their head instructor, Rafael Lovato Jr, and their other talented instructors, Lovato School of BJJ and MMA is providing its best services to combat sports.
Photo Credit: @lovatobjjmma