USADA Hit 5 IBJJF Fighters with 3 Years Suspension
By Elite Sports on
By Elite Sports on
What Happened on March 8, 2023?
As Gorden Ryan said, almost every martial artist uses performance-enhancing substances, it's just a matter of time and preferences. US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) imposed a ban on 5 IBJJF athletes and all five banned athletes complied and were subdued before the penalty. These fighters tested positive in an anti-doping test. The testing event was highlighted in the IBJJF No-Gi Championship of December 2022. This is the full statement of USADA.
“All athletes deserve a level playing field so that hard work and talent alone determine the outcome of a competition,” said USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart. “
Names and Penalties of 5 IBJJF No-Gi Athletes
Igor Feliz Represented R1NG: The urine samples of the 24-year-old fighter were taken on December 11, 2022, in the IBJJF No-Gi World Championship. After the official verdict of USADA, he accepted the nature of the violation. The penalty of three years IBJJF No-Gi suspension began on January 24, 2023.
Jonnatas Gracie represented Atos HQ: The urine samples of 25 years old Jonnatas Gracie Araujo da Silva were collected on December 20, 2022, at the World No-Gi Championship. Feliz accepted the three-year period of suspension from IBJJF No-Gi competitions applicable from January 25, 2023.
Roberto Cyborg represented Fight Sports: The samples of the 42-year-old BJJ fighter were collected on December 20, 2022. He also accepted the penalty of three year IBJJF No-Gi suspension started from January 27, 2023.
Henrique Ceconi represented KMKZ: The samples of 29 year old Brazilian BJJ fighters were collected on December 24, 2023. Like the other 4 athletes, he also accepted the violation and complied to a three years IBJJF No-Gi ban applicable from February 1, 2023.
Vagner Rocha represented Fight Sports: 40 years old BJJ fighter accepted the violation and received a three years IBJJF No-Gi ban from USADA applicable from 11 January 2023.
Top Rated Blogs
- Roberto “Cyborg” Abreu - Ultra Heavyweight BJJ Champion
- Vagner Rocha - 6th-Degree BJJ Black Belt & Founder of VRMA
- Gordon Ryan - “The King” Elite Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
- Why No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu is Better For Beginners
- Best BJJ Rising Stars 2023
- Top 10 BJJ Fighters With Highest Percentage Of Submissions
- Michael Langhi - 3rd-degree BJJ Black Belt & CEO...
- Alexssandro Pinto Sodré - A Passionate BJJ Black Belt
- Tom Hardy Just Won Another BJJ Tournament
- Tammi Musumeci Claims Victory in Epic Showdown Against Bianca...
- How Many Days Per Week Should You Train BJJ?
- What Are The Most Common BJJ Choke Submissions In...