Table of Contents
- 1. Carpe Diem BJJ
- 1.1. What is the Meaning of the Phrase “Carpe Diem”
- 1.2. Where Did the Idea for Carpe Diem BJJ Academy Come From?
- 2. Founder of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- 3. Main Achievements of Carpe Diem Jiu-Jitsu Academy
- 4. Evolution of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- 5. The Philosophy Behind Carpe Diem Dojos
- 6. Headquarters and Affiliated Branches of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- 7. Legacy of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- 8. Carpe Diem BJJ Academy Memberships
- 8.1. Adult Memberships at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- 8.2. Kids Memberships at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- 8.3. One-On-One Personal Training Sessions at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- 8.4. Free Trial Classes at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- 9. Future of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- 10. FAQs
- 10.1. Why is a BJJ academy institute named after a renowned Latin phrase?
- 10.2. How can Carpe Diem BJJ maintain its leading position in the BJJ community?
- 10.3. What is the strength of competitors affiliated with Carpe Diem BJJ Academy?
- 11. Conclusion
1. Carpe Diem BJJ
1.1. What is the Meaning of the Phrase “Carpe Diem”
Carpe Diem BJJ is a jiu-jitsu academy, offering world-class facilities to jiu-jitsu enthusiasts. The name of the academy, “Carpe Diem,” is inspired by a Latin phrase that was used by the Roman poet, Horace. The phrase literally means ‘’pluck the day or seize the day.” At the academy, students are trained to make each day count and work consistently towards their main goal, which is the BJJ black belt.
1.2. Where Did the Idea for Carpe Diem BJJ Academy Come From?
The academic institute is dedicated to making the best efforts to illuminate the future of BJJ. The idea came from sudden random thoughts of the founder, Yuki Ishikawa, who is currently the head instructor at Carpe Diem BJJ in Brazil.
2. Founder of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
Yuki Ishikawa, a well-known captain of the Japanese volleyball team, is the founder of Carpe Diem BJJ. He started practising martial arts at a very young age. Yuki Ishikawa’s passion is highly compatible with the aims and goals of Carpe Diem BJJ. In his official interviews, Yuki Ishikawa describes himself as a passionate soul who has the strength to achieve the best position for the academic institute specifically in the BJJ community.
3. Main Achievements of Carpe Diem Jiu-Jitsu Academy
Carpe Diem Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has achieved much success in the BJJ world by winning medals and titles. The BJJ community adores the performance of all Carpe Diem alumni. To give maximum exposure to its students, the institute is registered with the IBJJF.
|Gilhan Bae||Black Belt|
|Rintaro Ishige||Black belt|
|Shiryu Ide||Black belt|
|Shoya Ishhigru||Black belt|
|Robert Oda De Andrade||Black belt|
|Keito Oyanagi||Black belt|
|Tomoyuki Hashimoto||Black belt|
|Alexandre Avakiants||Black belt|
|Hitoshi Nishioka||Black belt|
|Paulo Cesar Yaginma||Black belt|
4. Evolution of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
The founder, Yuki Ishikawa, first established this Carpe Diem in Japan as a small BJJ training facility with simple BJJ equipment and a small mat space. Eventually, this small establishment developed into a large BJJ academy with spacious mat areas for practice, gym facilities for fitness, and other equipment necessary to become an accomplished BJJ practitioner. Over the years, the academy has expanded into a network of 36 plus dojos established across the globe, including Korea, Australia, Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, and London.
5. The Philosophy Behind Carpe Diem Dojos
Under philosophical principles, the phrase “Carpe Diem” effectively communicates the idea of enjoying time to its full extent or to seize the day. The Latin phrase not only inspires students and instructors, but also became the driving force behind establishment of more state-of-the-art BJJ training facilities with large mat spaces and gym facilities, also known as dojos. These dojos are heavily focused on training effective submission, grappling, and other ground fighting skills that help fighters succeed in competitive settings.
6. Headquarters and Affiliated Branches of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
Carpe Diem BJJ (jiu-Jitsu) has established affiliated branches in multiple famous places to promote martial arts and create healthy competition among students who really want to learn the BJJ techniques.
- Carpe Diem Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Hiroo, is one of the best five star ranking institutes. It is offering BJJ training services in Brazil.
- Carpe Diem BJJ academy has branches in Osaka, Mita, and Aoyama, Japan. In Singapore, the Carpe Diem branches are located in Sembawang and Woodlands. All these affiliated branches are offering the best training services to BJJ enthusiasts who want to master all the positions, techniques, and moves.
- The branches in London are also making a mark in teaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu moves. Gym facilities and academy both are available to guide practitioners of different skill and experience levels.
7. Legacy of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
- It has become a leading Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu academy, having multiple branches in prominent countries.
- The school is registered with IBJJF.
- The school is dedicated to train practitioners with a passion for learning BJJ.
8. Carpe Diem BJJ Academy Memberships
At Carpe Diem BJJ Academy, different membership programs are offered to BJJ aspirants. The academy also offers kids membership programs, free trial classes, and one-on-one personal training sessions.
8.1. Adult Memberships at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
|Adults Membership at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy Credits and Costs|
|Training Package||No. of Credits||Cost|
|Adult Drop-In Class||01||$250|
|Adult Eight Class Pack||08||$1,500|
|Adult Monthly Unlimited Pack||Unlimited Credits||$1,580
(Billed Every Month)
8.2. Kids Memberships at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
|Kids Membership at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy Credits and Costs|
|Training Package||No. of Credits||Cost|
|Kids Drop-In Class||01||$300|
|Kids Eight Class Pack||08||$2,100|
|Kids Twelve Class Pack||12||$3,000|
|Kids Monthly Unlimited Pack||Unlimited Credits||$1580
(Billed Every Month)
8.3. One-On-One Personal Training Sessions at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
|One-on-One Personal Training Sessions Credits and Cost|
|No. of Sessions||No. of Credits||Cost|
Note: The cost of the training sessions is subject to change.
8.4. Free Trial Classes at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
For free trial classes at Carpe Diem BJJ Academy, students must bring their own Gi and white belt. To join this single credit-free class, visit the official membership webpage of the academy.
9. Future of Carpe Diem BJJ Academy
Carpe Diem BJJ schools are dedicated to democratising success in BJJ for fitness seekers and martial arts enthusiasts. Its branches operate in various locations to expand the business and promote BJJ worldwide.
10.1. Why is a BJJ academy institute named after a renowned Latin phrase?
Yuki Ishikawa, as the founder, named the institute after the Latin phrase “Carpe Diem,” which means “seize the day,” to create an enjoyable and healthy environment for all.
10.2. How can Carpe Diem BJJ maintain its leading position in the BJJ community?
Every BJJ institute needs consistency and guiding principles to success. Likewise, Carpe Diem BJJ must remain highly dedicated to achieving its goal to maintain its position as a leader in the BJJ community.
10.3. What is the strength of competitors affiliated with Carpe Diem BJJ Academy?
Carpe Diem competitors are known for their grappling prowess and dedication to jiu-jitsu principles, which makes them one of the most feared athletes in competitions.
Carpe Diem BJJ plays a vital role in enhancing the professional qualities of people who become its members. It takes its members from the basic fitness and BJJ skills to the highest acceptable level. This BJJ academy offers a wide range of opportunities to individuals so they can become physically fit and capable of pursuing BJJ professionally. It goes without saying that Carpe Diem is a place more than jiu-jitsu!
Photo Credit: @carpediembjj_official