Bio:I was born in Ukraine, in a town called Zinkiv, Poltava region (central Ukraine). I was playing football (soccer) since I was 5 years old. At age 9-10 I started to wrestle. In 2006 I entered my university and I kept training there as well. I was an active wrestling competitor for almost 10 years. After almost 2 years break ( I participated in an international exchange program, and I lived in Poland and Sweden), I came back to training in 2010 in Denmark. I started to train at MMA school. After I came back home in 2011, I started practice pankration. In 2012 I went to Thailand, and I had the opportunity to train at Golden Glory Pattaya, and couple other private gyms. In 2013 I moved to the US as a student. After I got my working visa I used to work as a farm manager for almost 4 years. Later that year I started to practice BJJ at the local school in Greenville, NC. I received my Blue Belt in 5 months of training. I received my Purple Belt in 2.5 years of training, my Brown Belt in 4.5 years of training. This year in September is going to be my 5 years BJJ anniversary. Now I’m full-time BJJ head coach and strength and conditioning coach at UFC Gym Virginia Beach, and also student and competitor representing Diego Bispo BJJ and Ares affiliation. As a competitor, I like to use D’Arce/Brabo and anaconda choke. I won several competitions by using this technique. I had a couple of seminars teaching these chokes.
- IBJJF Atlanta and DC Open bronze medalist (brown belt)
- Multiple US Grappling, NAGA, New Breed champion and medalist in GI and NoGi advance divisions
- Sunshine State Championship (Jacksonville, FL) champion and medalist
- Pro Jitsu 5 (main event Jeff Monson - Dan Miller) super fight winner
- Submission Hunter Pro24 Atlanta super fight winner
- Multiple local, international, and national champion and medalist in wrestling tournaments in Ukraine
- Amateur MMA and Pankration fighting experience
- Team GAMMA (Greenville, NC), 2014-2015- MMA, BJJ assistant coach
- East Carolina BJJ (Greenville, NC), 2016-2017- BJJ assistant coach and Personal Trainer
- UFC Gym (Virginia Beach, VA), 2017-2018- BJJ head coach (kids and adult program), youth wrestling coach, strength and conditioning coach, personal trainer.
- Bachelors degree in biology-technology (Ukraine).
- Certified ISSA Personal Trainer
- Certified NESTA MMA Conditioning Coach
- Certified NESTA Kettlebell Coach
Q&A Session Between Oleksandr Alex Humen and Elite Sports
Question: What inspires you about BJJ?
Answer: Team spirit. Everyone is ready to help each other to accomplish their goals and dreams!
Question: Who inspires you, past or present? Why do they inspire you?
Answer: Carlson Gracie. As a great example of Fighter, Proﬀesor, and Mentor
Question: What are your goals for the next 3 years?
Answer: This year I’m planning to compete in major BJJ tournaments as much as I can and step on the podium each ^me. In the next couple of years, I want to open my own academy!
Question: How long have you been training?
Answer: This year In September I’m going to celebrate 5 years of training Jiu Jitsu.
Question: How often do you train?
Answer: Usually 6-7 days on a week, 2 ^mes per day
Question: Any major accomplishments you’ve been able to achieve in that time?
Answer: Mul^ply US Grappling, NAGA, New Breed and IBJJF champion and medalist. Pro Jitsu and Submission Hunter Pro super ﬁght winner.
Question: Do you have a go-to finishing move?
Answer: I like to D’Arce/Brabo and Anaconda Chokes
Question: What do you think it takes to be a champion in your sports?
Answer: Persistence. Dedica^on. Zero Ego and of course hard work on the mats and oﬀ the mats as well!
Question: What sort of gear do you usually keep in your gym bag before hitting the gym?
Answer: I always keep my Gi, rashguard, and mouthpiece in my training bag. Also for No-Gi classes, I have my shorts and spats.