Johnif de Oliveira Rocha
His name is Johnif de Oliveira Rocha. He is 19 years old. He started to train with 9 years in his hometown (manaus) at 16 years old. He lived in Sao Paulo where he met people who helped him a lot and managed to compete a lot in that, He represent team Cicero Costa, He was champion of the main competitions in Brazil by the IBJJF/CBJJ. He is currently living in chalortte and He is aiming at the competitions here of the United States! He is very excited to represent the team in 2018!
Q&A Session Between Johnif de Oliveira Rocha and Elite Sports
Question: What inspires you about BJJ? MMA?
Answer: The force of Will of my friends!
Question: Who inspires you, past or present? Why do they inspire you?
Answer: Steve jobs / Usain bolt, Paulo miyao / both won the difficulties and grew up in life
Question: What are your goals for this year? Next 3 years? Next 5 years?
Answer: Compete as high as possible and become world champion No-Gi!. For next 3 years, Win the main competitions and get discarded among the best! and for next 5 years, Have my team and train and opportunity to more athletes!
Question: How long have you been training?
Answer: Exactly 10 years
Question: How often do you train?
Answer: Two to three times a day!
Question: Any major accomplishments you’ve been able to achieve in that time?
- Champion Brazilian No-Gi 2016
- Champion Rio Fall International Open 2016
- Champion Curitiba winter International Open No-Gi 2016
- Champion Floripa International Open No-Gi 2016
- Champion Floripa International Open 2016
- Champion Belo-Horizonte International Open No-Gi 2016
- Champion São Paulo BJJ PRO International 2016
- Champion Rio BJJ PRO International 2016
- Champion Curitiba International Open 2016
- Champion Floripa International Open No-Gi 2015
- Champion São Paulo International Open 2015
- Champion Brasilia International Open 2015
- Second Place Curitiba winter International Open 2016
- Second Place Curitiba International Open No-Gi 2016
- Second Place Rio Fall International Open No-Gi 2017
- Second Place Selective Abu-Dhabi 2017
- Second Place American-National International No-Gi 2017
Question: Do you have a go-to finishing move?
Answer: Triangle and Scapula.
Question: What do you think it takes to be a champion in your sports?
Answer: Determination and hard work!
Question: What sort of gear do you usually keep in your gym bag before hitting the gym? Do you have different items for specific days?
Answer: Kimono, Elite Rash guard, Belt